Specially designed to help with muscle and joint pain
AquaSource Turmeric Complex is designed for both athletes and people with a physically active lifestyle, whose muscles and joints need faster recovery from exertion.
Curcumin (Curcuma Longa), the active ingredient in turmeric, is combined with bromelain, ginger root extract and black pepper extract to increase antioxidant properties but also to optimise the absorption of key nutrients, and so support painful and damaged joints.
Turmeric powder is extracted from the dried root of the Curcuma Longa plant. It is the main ingredient in curry powder, used in India for centuries. In recent years, athletes and people with a physically active lifestyle have also been using this ingredient as an antioxidant for painful and damaged joints.
AquaSource Turmeric Complex combines several ingredients that simultaneously maximize the benefits for muscle and joint pain, and ensure proper absorption.
– Curcumin (Curcuma Longa) – the yellow pigment in turmeric and to a lesser extent in ginger. This is the component of turmeric that provides support for painful and injured muscles and joints.
– Bromelain – a protein-degrading enzyme. It is extracted from the fruit and stem of the pineapple plant. Bromelain is known to help reduce soreness and swelling, and help manage discomfort in muscles or joints.
– Ginger root extract – apart from helping to soothe the stomach, ginger is also considered an effective herbal ingredient for muscle and joint pain.
– Black pepper extract – most of the ingested curcumin is broken down into its component parts before it is absorbed. Black pepper helps improve the effective absorption of curcumin. For this reason, it is almost always included in any supplement containing turmeric.
– Aloe vera extract – belongs to the lily family. It is a succulent plant that contains a lot of liquid in its thin, protruding leaves. The gel squeezed from the leaves is 99% water and 1% polysaccharides and glycoproteins. It is rich in manganese, iron, zinc, calcium and vitamin B (B1, B2 and B6), as well as vitamins C and E. It is the oldest and most effective healing remedy in Egypt. Queen Cleopatra is known to have used aloe vera to treat injuries.
– Ceylon cinnamon extract – Ceylon cinnamon differs from other varieties. It has a distinctive shape, lighter colour and delicate taste. It is also known as a source of antioxidant.
– White willow bark extract – typical in Europe and Central Asia. Its bark has been used for more than 5,000 years as a pain reliever. Salicin, the main active ingredient, is known to have pain-relieving properties.
– Olive leaves – first used as food in ancient Egypt. Compounds in olive leaves, such as the secoiridoid oleuropetin, are known to have antioxidant properties and help reduce muscle and joint pain.
Health claims approved by EFSA:
It’s not, but it’s been used in amazing ways for centuries, and it’s also pretty well “tried and tested”.
Data on allergens:
Does not contain allergens according to Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 on the provision of food information to consumers.
Ingredients in recommended daily intake of 2 and 6 capsules:
Turmeric (whole herb – 400mg/1 200mg and extract – 200mg/600mg)
providing 190mg/570mg curcuminoids 600mg 1 800mg
Bromelain (5,000 GDU/15,000 GDU) 100mg 300mg
Ginger root extract providing 4mg/12mg gingerols 80mg 240mg
(Equivalent to 1 600mg/4 800mg ginger)
Cinnamon, Extract (Equivalent to 1 500mg/4 500mg Cinnamon) – 74mg 222mg
White Willow Bark Extract (Providing 4mg/12mg Salicin) 30mg 90mg
Aloe vera, extract 20mg 60mg
(Equivalent to 4,000mg/12,000mg aloe vera juice)
Olive Leaf Extract 20mg 60mg
(Providing 1.2mg/3.6mg oleuropein)
Black pepper extract (Providing 10mg/30mg piperine) 10.6mg 31.8mg
Capsule: vegetable cellulose
There are no reviews yet.