What is blue-green algae?
A key ingredient in many of AquaSource’s products is some of the finest blue-green algae in the world. What makes them a wonder of nature? For hundreds of years, algae has been known to scientists as a food source and a supplement to food. They have studied different forms of algae from almost every part of the world.
Where do they gather?
One very nutritious species of algae is known as “blue-green algae” (Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae or AFA). The highest quality blue-green algae is harvested from Upper Klamath Lake, located in the Cascade Mountains, Southern Oregon, USA. Fed by more than seventeen pure mountain streams and geothermal springs, this ancient lake boasts a ten-meter mineral bottom layer and possesses the most mineral-rich alkaline waters on Earth. This is where AquaSource harvests its algae from; the pond where Nature’s most complete and balanced food grows. The algae found here have many remarkable properties – nothing can compare to their nutritional profile. They are one of the richest sources of a variety of nutrients per gram of their weight.
AquaSource Algae as Superfood
Our seaweed is now recognized as a Superfood. This means that they are an extremely nutrient-rich, efficient food source that provides significant amounts of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals. In addition to being an extremely efficient source of nutrition, Superfoods can also support the body’s natural recovery process and prolong a more productive lifestyle.
Key nutrients and benefits include:
- Vitamins – contain most vitamins; an excellent source of vitamins B12, C, B5 and E.
- Iron and other essential minerals – iron helps the production of red blood cells. It has also been shown to contribute to better mental performance. AquaSource algae additionally provides many other essential minerals and trace elements in an organic, easily absorbed form.
- Antioxidants – have a high content of carotenoids.
- Protein – provide high quality plant protein in a ratio that makes it easily digestible.
- Amino acids – contain essential amino acids in optimal levels for the needs of the human body. See chart.
- Fatty acids – contain essential fatty acids that the body does not produce itself.
- Neuropeptides – important for good brain function.
- Chlorophyll – absorbs light energy needed for photosynthesis; naturally cleanses the body internally.
AFA Organic seaweed from AquaSource€39,78 – €86,70
AquaSource Organic Green Energy€24,99 – €45,39
Easy Start AquaSource (Program)€107,10