Spicy beetroot soup
1 finely chopped onion
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tbsp olive oil
400 g canned tomatoes
2 washed heads of fresh beetroot
sour cream when serving
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes. It must soften.
- Once it is sweated, peel it and cut into cubes.
- Sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli and stir.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Let it boil over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the beets.
- Spoon into bowls and season with sour cream as desired.