One of our best products is AquaSource Seaweed Marine Energy, containing four amazing species of seaweed that provide an amazingly powerful combination of trace minerals.
There is a huge variety of edible seaweeds whose high nutritional value is preserved. They are not only extremely rich in nutrients, but they are also hardy and grow back immediately after “harvesting”.
The first of these is AquaSource’s flagship product, the blue-green algae from Upper Klamath Lake.
Their scientific name is Aphanizomenon flos-aquae and today hundreds of thousands of people include small amounts of this wild food in their diet. Ask them why they do it and you will hear different reasons:
– increased vitality;
– better memory and clear consciousness;
– alleviate the physical and mental consequences of modern stressful lifestyles;
– relief from cravings for certain foods and weight control;
– better condition of skin, hair and nails;
– relieve fungal and digestive problems;
– reduction of allergic reactions;
– improving the body’s resistance to health problems.
Blue-green algae is the most nutrient-dense food on the planet. They provide a significant amount of natural vitamin B5, vitamin B12, vitamin C and iron. And their wide nutritional spectrum makes it possible for a small amount of them to provide the body with a little bit of almost every nutrient it needs:
– biologically active vitamins, minerals and trace elements;
– amino acids;
– simple carbohydrates;
– fatty acids;
– pigments such as carotenoids;
– nucleic acids.
Health claims approved by EFSA:
– Vitamins B12, B5and C and iron contribute to reducing the feeling of tiredness and fatigue.
– Vitamins B12 and C contribute to the normal functioning of the nervous and immune systems.
– Vitamin B5 contributes to the normal course of mental activity.
– Vitamin C helps in the normal formation of collagen for the skin and the release of energy in the body.
– Calcium contributes to normal muscle function and the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
– Iron helps the normal functions of the immune system and the formation of red blood cells.
– Iron and iodine contribute to normal cognitive functions.
– Iodine supports the normal functioning of the thyroid gland.
The blue-green algae from Upper Klamath Lake gives us nutrients and energy without this process taking almost anything from the body’s reserves. They are 95% absorbed, and the nutrients they contain are in a form suitable for direct use. For example, 60% of these algae are proteins and are in the form of glycoproteins, unlike the lipoproteins in vegetables and meat. The same goes for their 25 percent carbohydrate content, which is in a form similar to the glycogen fuel in the human body. And the metabolic energy saved thanks to this can be directed to detoxification and maintenance of our organs. The energy saved in this way also means that the nutrients in the algae are used as efficiently as possible, which explains why very small amounts can be so beneficial.
In addition to building blocks called “neuropeptides,” Upper Klamath Lake algae contain 9% rhamnose, the sugar involved in transporting nutrients to nerve cells (or across the blood-brain barrier). This is why they are so beneficial to the nervous system: not only does it stimulate normal brain functions (to which it owes its status as a “smart” food), but it also aids in nerve and brain regeneration. These algae are also believed to improve the functions of the body’s major glands – the pituitary, pineal and hypothalamus.
What makes AquaSource algae so special and high quality is our patented drying process called BioActiveDehydration®. It dehydrates the seaweed to a powdered form without damaging its nutrients, colour, flavour or taste. The main cause of product deterioration in conventional drying techniques is exposure to high temperature. BioActive Dehydration Process® the temperature to which the product is exposed never exceeds 41ºC and exceeds normal human body temperature (37ºC) in less than 2 minutes.
Green algae (Dunaliella salina) are primitive organisms that evolved more than 500 million years ago. They are a rich natural source of the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene and contain over 200 times more beta-carotene than carrots. They are rich in chlorophyll, polysaccharides, minerals, vitamins and essential fatty acids (such as Omega-3 and Omega-6).
Red seaweed (Lithothamnium), another of AquaSource Seaweed Marine Energy’s ingredients, is harvested from the bottom of the mineral-rich, uncontaminated waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
The final ingredient in AquaSource Seaweed Marine Energy is brown seaweed. AquaSource uses only the highest quality organic wild Ascophyllum seaweed harvested from the coast of Norway. Of all the brown algae, members of the fucus family (Fucaceae) have the broadest and most balanced nutrient profile, and Arctic varieties are thought to be a more concentrated source of nutrients than those growing in warmer waters. This arctic brown seaweed contains 200 times more iron from the leaves of beetroot, the most iron-rich vegetable grown on land. It is also 100 times richer in iodine than terrestrial vegetables, and about 14 times richer incalciumfrom cow’s milk. It also contains vitamins, amino acids and essential fatty acids.