DIGESTIVE ENZYMES + ALGAE AFA – 60 CAPSULES
Essential support for better absorption of food and nutrients
This unique combination of digestive enzymes produced from plant sources (amylase, protease, lipase, lactase and papain) helps to break down food and nutrients efficiently. For even more support and maximum effectiveness, it is enriched with AquaSource Superfood* algae.
Enzymes are necessary for digestion as they play an important role in the breakdown and absorption of food and nutrients. Without enough enzymes, eating will stress the body and exhaust it. They help to prevent stomach bloating and indigestion, and are involved in combating the effects of processed and canned foods.
AquaSource Digestive Enzymes uniquely combine amylase, protease, lipase, lactase and papain produced from plant sources. They are enriched with our Superfood* AquaSource algae to help maximize their nutritional value.
Unique combination of Digestive Enzymes
– an enzyme that breaks down starch, turning it into sugar. It naturally contains glucose. Amylase breaks down and separates the various bonds within it, extracting the sugar so it can be utilized by the body.
– a water-soluble enzyme that helps break down fats so they can be absorbed in the intestine.
– Lactose is milk sugar, and lactase is the enzyme needed to digest or break down this sugar so that it can be absorbed in the small intestine. Lactase is produced naturally in the human body, but some people do not produce enough of the lactase needed to break down lactose completely. Undigested lactose can cause upset stomach, bloating, stomach cramps, gas and diarrhea.
– an enzyme found naturally in the immature papaya fruit. It helps digest and absorb animal protein. Many Latin American cultures have used papain for centuries. The oldest historical use of papain is to preserve and render meat tender. The enzyme helps to break down the tough bonds between fibres in muscle tissue.
Superfood* AquaSource algae
– from Upper Klamath Lake – some of the purest and most mineral-rich algae in the world. Our proprietary BioActive Dehydration® process ensures maximum nutritional value.
Main advantages of Digestive Enzymes
– Enzymes from a natural source that help break down starch, fat and protein for better digestion and nutrient absorption.
– Lactase contributes to better digestion of dairy products.
– Includes AquaSource algae containing vitamin B12, which helps reduce feelings of fatigue and tiredness.
Health claims approved by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA):
contributes to reducing feelings of tiredness and fatigue.
contributes to the normal function of the nervous and immune systems.
Data on allergens:
Does not contain allergens according to Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 on the provision of food information to consumers.
- people with disordered, irregular and unbalanced diet and when consuming mostly processed foods
- presence of digestive complaints – feeling tired after eating, heaviness, bloating, stomach and intestinal pain, constipation, diarrhea, gas
- children with stunted growth and development who do not fully assimilate food
- elderly people in whom the number and activity of enzymes are reduced
- people frequently suffering from common infections or chronically ill
- enzyme supplements are a must in any cleansing program
AquaSource Digestive Enzymes with Stronger Action
(per 1 capsule intake)
|Lithothamnium (red algae) added for calcium
|The capsule is now made of vegetable cellulose rather than gelatin and is approved by the Vegan Society.
|60 capsules of vegetable cellulose
What is the origin of digestive enzymes – plant or animal?
Entirely vegetable, making them suitable for vegetarians. Contain Algae, protease, amylase, bromelain, papain, lactase and lipase.
One capsule of 400 mg contains:
60 mg Blue green algae AFA – over 2000 metabolic enzymes
50 mg Amylase – for starch
60 mg Protease – for proteins
20 mg Lactase 65 000MI – for milk sugar
20 mg Lipase – for fats
50 mg Bromelain – for proteins, healing trauma and wounds
50 mg Papain – for proteins, healing in trauma, wounds – papain is a digestive enzyme and is more widely found in green, unripe fruits. Enzymes help speed up chemical reactions in the body. Papain has a mild and soothing effect on the stomach and is very useful in aiding protein digestion.
- Do they contain oxalates?
Papain – contains no oxylate
Lipase – does not contain oxylates
Amylase – contains no oxylates
Protease – contains no oxylates
Bromelain – unspecified as supplier does not test oxylate levels
Lactase – contains no oxylate
How much iodine do they contain?
The iodine content is what is in the 60 mg of kelp in each capsule. Iodine, according to the algae analysis in the catalogue, is calculated for 60mg of algae, which naturally contains 0.0588mg of natural iodine.This means that each capsule of Digestive Enzymes contains 0.0588mg of iodine.
The red algae in Acidophilus, Bifidus and Enzymes are perfectly acceptable and safe for babies and children. Red seaweed is mainly calcium, which is very important for bone growth in babies and children and important for all of us.