Every woman experiences painful menstruation, which can be combined with various symptoms. One of the most common problems associated with menstruation is painful menstruation or dysmenorrhea. This unpleasant symptom can affect the physical and emotional well-being of women and be due to several factors.
Causes of painful menstruation:
- Uterine cramps: The most common cause of painful menstruation is severe uterine cramps, which disrupt the normal blood supply to the tissues and cause pain. This phenomenon is often hereditary.
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuations in hormonal balance can also lead to a painful cycle. Estrogen overload and progesterone deficiency can lead to stronger symptoms.
- Fibroids of the uterus: Fibroids are benign growths that can form in the uterus and contribute to soreness during menstruation.
Problems associated with painful menstruation:
- Pain and discomfort: Painful menstruation can be very painful and irritating. This can lead to reduced productivity and an overall reduced quality of life.
- Emotional problems: constant pain and discomfort can cause emotional problems such as depression and stress.
- Slowing down daily tasks: Some women with painful periods have to limit their daily tasks and miss work or school during their cycle.
Xenoestrogens and wild yam:
Xenoestrogens are foreign chemicals that, once in the body, mimic the action of estrogen. They can contribute to an imbalance in the hormonal system and increase the intensity of painful menstruation. One way to reduce the impact of xenoestrogens is through a change in diet and lifestyle. Organic products are preferred and the use of chemicals is limited.
Wild yam (Dioscorea villosa) is a plant traditionally used to combat menopausal symptoms and hormonal imbalances in women. It contains diosgenin, which can be used to synthesize progesterone, an important hormone involved in regulating the menstrual cycle. Using a natural wild yam cream can help women with painful menstruation by helping balance hormones and reducing the strength of cramps.
In conclusion, painful menstruation can be extremely irritating and dysfunctional for many women. Understanding its causes and problems is the first step towards finding appropriate solutions. Natural methods, such as the inclusion of wild yam, can help reduce pain. It also helps maintain a better hormonal balance. However, before starting a new regimen, always consult your health professional to get the best advice and guidance for your health.